06/11/2006

Postal Problems

On Friday I got a note in postbox informing me that I had a parcel that I needed to collect from the local post office. Unfortunately, I had to wait until the next working day to pick it up. That day was today, and hence, I am now the proud owner of 9 (or rather, now 8) Caramac KitKat bars!


So horray for that. What that story doesn't tell though is the sorry story of how long they've taken to come. I ordered them on the 23rd October and they were posted the following day, so it took them two weeks to arrive from the UK.

This is not a rare occurrence. I also sent a postcard to Clare back in the UK and it took two and a half weeks to arrive. A similar one to Cecily in Greece took only three days. I sent something to Lotti in Paris about two weeks ago and it still hasn't arrived, and I'm still expecting another parcel from the UK that's been in the system for over a week now. That's mad, the post actually worked when I first got here, and I can't even blame it in the Royal Mail. I believe the moral of this rant (if indeed there is one) is that postal privatisation doesn't work!

I also received my first exam today. I have until Friday to hand it in and it contains some great questions such as the significance of the Spanish King in the Dutch national anthem - if only Constitutional exams back home had questions like that! I have one more tomorrow, and then one on Wednesday. I fear that it's going to be a case of saving the worst for last.

No comments: