06/09/2006

Unconnected musings

It's supposed to be cold here. I've been in jumpers pretty much since I got here, but when I woke up this morning I felt like I was in a sauna - which is probably what woke me up. Today it is apparently only 25oC, but I didn't bring my sandals, a decision that I'm now regretting. I never thought I'd say this, but I'd quite like to get cooler soon to better match my wardrobe!

I had intended to write alongside a picture of my new bike, but I don't have a new bike, so that ruled that one out. I've decided to get one at a police auction on Monday instead, set I'm going to make sure that I brush up on my Dutch numbers before I go lest I end up paying away my whole student loan. I hope to bring you a picture of my mode of transport then, so you'll better be able to picture me cycling the wrong way down the road with a look of terror on my face.

I now have a Dutch SIM card and a nice and confusing Dutch phone number, if anyone would like it, send me an email. My UK number will still work, but I may not have it in my phone that often until I get back. Unfortunately my phone memory wasn't big enough to store all my numbers, so I've spent two hours transferring them over by hand and adding +44 to them all, which wasn't exactly the most exciting two hours I've spent. But now I'm all set and dual-SIM carded up. Coupled with the fact that I was hit by a bicycle yesterday, I'm starting to feel quite the native...

No comments: