09/09/2006

Jack's return

Nothing much is happening here really. I've added another course onto my workload, so I'm now working Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, and the more I do now, the less I have to do later! If I can get it right, I might not even have to be here for the final period, but I haven't told Cambridge that's my plan.

Since there wasn't much to do, I've done two things today, I've looked for a bike and I've baked a cake. There are some pretty banged up bikes up for auction, but I've picked out two that survived me riding them around the courtyard and seemed to have something resembling a braking system. The cake was my effort to introduce English bakery to the corridor, so after much ingredient shopping and some awkward translations, I produced this:


Not my finest effort I will admit, but it wasn't bad, and it went down quite well - hence there only being half of it left by the time I got my camera. If I manage to produce anything more momentous I'll let you know.

Anyway, onto the matter referenced in the subject. I'll be coming back to the UK later in October over the weekend of the 21st, so hopefully I'll be able to see everyone in Cambridge then!

No comments: