04/09/2006

Comparisons

I'd like to make some observations. I've had my first day of introductions today, and I know now what my time table is going to be like. I've also met most of the other English people taking law here and I've been taken on a tour of Utrecht. So, if I may, I'd like to compare those three things to Cambridge in the following order; people, city, timetable. Here goes:

(1) People: I've so far met lawyers from a number of UK universities, but amongst the non UK-ers out there I've already spotted three people's doppelgangers, something that's most confusing at first. I almost went to talk to one person to exclaim my surprise at seeing them before I stopped myself. So on the first count, it's a lot like Cambridge, in a slightly spooky way.

(2) The City: Is basically Cambridge mark 2. The canals are like the Cam, only they have paddle boats here which is certainly a bonus. The streets are all like the one down by the market, and the market is about three times the size. Unfortunately, my lectures aren't in the one place I marked in the previous entry, they are slightly more spread around, but still no more than 15 minutes walk away. Also, the Dutch don't seem to do simple addresses, or entrances. Everywhere I've been today I've been told to go through the other entrance 'around the corner' or the entrance behind another building. It's all a bit confusing.

(3) Timetable: This is good. Until the 13th of November, I'm following two courses with each course's lectures and seminars taking place on the same day. Hence, my working week starts at 13:15 on a Tuesday and finishes at 17:00 on a Wednesday. It's not a word I use often, but I think it sums it up quite nicely; sweet.

I have course introductions tomorrow, so I'll find out then how much work I have outside these hours, but hopefully, my two day working weeking should allow for some travel opportunities!

1 comment:

Nutra Health Pro said...

Cognoscenti who are lazy turn out to be getting in issues. a number of the opposite numbers right here as of now understand that. even though, like my close pal repeats, "you could lead a mule to the trough, but you can't make him drink." this may be genuinely a puzzle for well-being sellers. I do not want to overstate matters however that is the way matters are.
https://www.nutrahealthpro.com

https://www.facebook.com/nutrahealthpro

https://twitter.com/nutrahealthpro

https://in.pinterest.com/nutrahealthpro1