23/01/2007

New surroundings

The past few days have been rather hectic and for the first-time since I got here my ad-hoc 'to do' list stretched over a monstrous two postic notes. But still, it has all been worth it and I'm now writing this entry from my own room! The silly thing is that its bigger than my old shared room, so someone in the Housing Department missed an opportunity here, not that I'm complaining mind! I also effectively have my own kitchen in which to let my creative juices (if any) run free. I took a photo of my new surroundings, but it looks exactly the same my old room did in the photo I posted of that, so just imagine my old room, but with a 100W light bulb, one bed, a TV, and a little more space.

Now that I have a lot more space it'll be easy for me to put up anyone who would like to come and visit, and I should hopefully be able to borrow back my old mattress, so please treat this as an open invitation to come to Holland and say 'Hello'!

In time honoured tradition here's a photo of Jeoff, an American masters student and my new flatmate, with me and Amadeo at the (slightly disappointing) Italian dinner we went to the other evening:


It's certainly going to be a change living with someone more than twice my own age, but the early signs are that we'll get along fine and I'm really looking forward to the next five months here.

Although the final semester doesn't start until the 12th of February, I guess that for me, in a way 'Utrecht: Part 2' starts now!

No comments: