06/10/2006

Marshmallows

What do you get when you put three bored students, cornflakes, marshmallows, bread, a toaster and a microwave together in a kitchen at 1:30am? Well, to tell you the truth I'm not quite sure just what to name the result. Needless to say, this was the position I found myself in after being subjected to Legally Blonde 2 last night - a memorably unpleasent experience. After the movie had robbed me of all my senses I ended up toasting marshmallows over a toaster, spreading them on bread and trying to make a marshmallow-and-cornflake, well, mush, in the microwave. The marshmallow on toast was actually a roaring success, the cornflake concoction somewhat less so. Yes, as you can see, it's all fun and games here!

It's Antje's birthday today, and it was Emma's on Wednesday, so we're in something of a birthday mode at the moment. I'm beginning to feel quite young, or I was until one of the guys I play badminton with let us know that it was his 18th birthday.

Unfortunately the weather here is now living up to its reputation, and it's raining. Actually it's been raining for about a week now. We had a couple of spectacular thunderstorms a few days ago, but now it's just wet. I'm going to have to swallow what little pride I have and buy a poncho that covers you in your entirity when riding a bike. Whether a picture of that particular scene will find its way into cyberspace remains to be seen!

Many thanks Stuart for picking up Brownlie's book, it's much appreciated! In case anyone is wondering why I've got another International Law book, it's for my moot over here. Interestingly the Professor supervising us seems to like changing my surname, it's gone from 'Connah' to 'Cannah' and now it's hovering around 'McKanna' quite what I'll be by the time I've finished I don't know, perhaps 'Smith'.

Tomorrow is Amsterdam for Emma's birthday, so hopefully I'll be able to post with some pictures when we get back. Until then.

No comments: