08/08/2006

Better late than never?

As you can see, I'm somewhat late. Again. I've spent five out of the past six weeks working at Jones Day and Lovells in London as part of my Summer vacation scheme programmes, and I've had a good time. However, things have just got quite a bit better, for Lovells, in their infinite generosity have sent me to Chicago for two weeks! Horray!

We've been here since Saturday morning and it's really quite fantastic. We've already been to a BaseBall game where we thankfully sat next to some people who actually knew what was going on and were happy to share their wisdom with us. Or rather, we did after we moved to get away from some rather drunk college-girls who took a strong fancy to our English accents. Nevertheless, a fun day.

The Lovells office is quite special, with wonderful views over the city. Unfortunately, Mr. Trump is building a new tower directly in front of this one which will cancel out the above, but luckily for us, we're on the 19th floor, and Mr. Trump has some way to go before his tower reaches that, so we can still enjoy it. The best thing though has to be the fact that there are packets of microwave popcorn in the staff-area, and the microwave even has a dedicated popcorn button. Amazing.

The workload isn't too bad at the moment, so I'm hoping that I'll be able to keep people better updated with the happens and goings-on in Chicago over the next two weeks. Who knows, it might even spur me onto actually keeping this thing going when I'm in Utrecht.

Until next time then. Take care.

No comments: