15/06/2007

Done, but not quite dusted

This morning I woke up at 7:45, got up, then decided it was a bad idea, and went back to bed. I then re-woke up at 10:15. Much better.

Today I finally finished all 28 pages of my final paper of this term, detailing the differences between methods of constitutional interpretation in the United States and the United Kingdom. The downside of this was that I needed to buy a new pack of paper just to print it out. The upside of this was that I've now done all of my work for the year - assuming the paper's worth a passing grade that is! It's odd, I had expected that I'd feel a sense of relief or elation after I'd handed it in, but I didn't at all. Perhaps it had something to do with the fact that I had to go straight to what was probably my third 'final' mooting meeting (over three months after it finished!). But I suppose it's more to do with the fact that there hasn't been that steady build up to a round of final exams at the end of the year. Breaking the year up into self-contained periods means that today in reality I've only finished period 4, which only really started at the end of April.

But still, I can hardly grumble that I don't feel good enough about finished, for being finished is all that matters. To prove that I know how to celebrate I even stopped by the Dick Bruna Huis on the way home to see the birthplace of the creator of the Netherlands' favourite rabbit daughter, Miffy. It wasn't that great.

Tomorrow I'm heading back to the UK for a week, and I'll be in Cambridge from the 20th until the 23rd. I haven't set foot in England since February, and I beleive you've gone and changed the £20 note since I've been gone and that you're due a new Prime Minister soon after I come back. Can't I trust the country with anything?

No comments: