01/03/2007

An Iberian Impulse

Having only got back to Utrecht six days ago I'm now off again. What started out in my mind as a small trip to Gibraltar has expanded somewhat (mainly under the bad influence of Lonely Planet's guide to Western Europe!) to become a ten-day holiday to Portugal, Spain, Morocco and Gibraltar.

Early tomorrow morning I'm flying out to Faro in Portugal and spending the day there before heading up to Lisbon for two days. I'm then moving into Spain to spend two days in Seville from where I'm going to Tarifa to catch a ferry to Tangier in Morocco. From there I'm going to Gibraltar for two days before ending up in Malaga and flying back to Amsterdam a week on Monday. Or rather, I should say, that's the plan. I have a page of scrawled notes with possible bus and train times, but they're all based on Babelfish translations, and refer to local services that I can't book ahead. I don't speak any Portuguese, Spanish or Moroccan either.

So, here's hoping that it all comes together and I end up where I expect to!

No comments: