15/03/2007

An Iberian Experience

So that was my primary school essay on my holiday past. As you may have gathered, I had a lovely time, but it worked out well in that it wasn't for so long that I thought I should have come back beforehand, but neither was it too short such that I wanted to stay for longer. I flew out of Malaga feeling like I was ready to come back to Utrecht and get on with things here, albeit newly refreshed and relaxed.

Perhaps next time I'd try and familiarise myself with the language a little more before venturing out. Any number of times I had to resort to using brand names to order something as I didn't know the words to order what I really wanted, which was frustrating, but entirely my own fault.

I think though I've decided that while holidaying alone is fine, travelling is probably something best done with someone else or in a small group. By the end of the trip I was beginning to feel that it would have been nice to have shared the experience with someone else and to have had someone to talk to about what had gone on. But still, it didn't detract from a great time. I've also picked up a suntan which has been described by two people as (a) being somewhat reminiscent of a tea stain, and (b) making me look live David Dickinson. So mixed feelings on that one!

But I've just managed to spend most of the afternoon procrastinating by regaling my holiday experiences on here - so the benefits are still continuing!

No comments: