13/10/2006

It was the best of times...

This week's been pretty slow with not much going on. I've pretty much finished one of my papers looking at the (non)availability of 'constitutional review of statutes' under the Dutch Constitution, but I'm struggling a bit with my other one comparing notions of deference in English and American administrative law. I've two weeks to finish it in so I'm going to have to work pretty hard the next two weeks to get it done.

I'm hoping to deregister for one of my courses in the next period to give me more time to work on my moot. If they'll let me it would mean that I wouldn't have any scheduled classes from the start of November until I come back in January which would be a huge boon. I don't know if the International Office will OK it, but I hope they will - would go some way to redressing my self-imposed workload this period.

Sarah and Simone are leaving us tomorrow, so that provided another opportunity to bake an event cake. I was a bit more adventurous this time going for a chocolate cake with chocolate icing and a shaved white chocolate topping. It turned out quite well, as shown by my rather self-satisfied pose in this photo:


Tomorrow we're setting off on the 'Discover Holland' tour where we'll visit; Elburg, Giethoorn, Groningen, the Afsluitdijk, and Enkhuizen. So that's quite an action packed weekend then. Hope to blog again on Monday with some photos.

No comments: