18/10/2006

Bizarrities

Today's been slightly odd so far. I was waiting for my Principles of Good Governance lecture to start when a girl I didn't think I knew started talking to me. I figured that she must have been in the same class and that I was suffering from temporary amnesia. This continued for about five minutes until she said that she thought I was Dutch. I asked why she'd thought that and she said she must have mixed me up with someone else. Odd I thought, but all became clear when it turned out she wasn't in my class at all. Must have been equally bizarre for her to talk to someone she didn't mean to and for them to talk back as if they knew them. A kind of double-mistaken identity. Anyway, I'll see if history repeats itself same time next week.

Still trying to figure out what had just happened another guy came out of the classroom and asked me if I knew where he could find an Erasmus student. I informed him that I was such a said student and it transpired that he's only just arrived in Utrecht, six weeks after courses have started and is consequently a little bit, well, lost. He asked if I wouldn't mind hanging around after my lecture so he could ask me some questions. I agreed. Sure enough after the lecture he was there armed with questions relating to buying bicycles, the student network, student bars/clubs (I was good with that one) etc. He can't buy any of the course materials anymore as it's so late, and I've agreed to let him photocopy by co use book, but at 600-odd pages that's going to be one hell of a lot of photocopying.

I've also managed to drop my Legal Ethics course next period with the consequence that I don't have scheduled courses from the 8th November until at least the 8th January. Two months with nothing to do! Well, not quite. I've got to work on the moot but it'll be great to have the freedom of not having anything concretely scheduled during the week. I don't know if anyone's hoping to, but it would be lovely for people to come over and visit before Christmas :). The oddest thing though was that the International Office practically advised me to drop the course as I've done so many courses this period. I certainly wasn't going to argue with that.

No comments: