15/09/2006

It's a virtual adventure

Today I went to Amsterdam. Yesterday I met my virtual self. Everybody say hello to our virtual corridor:


Yes, that's a faithful recreation of two-thirds of our illustrious corridor. From left to right we have Antje, Laura, Amadeo, Me, Emma, Javi and Richard as they appear in the Sims 2. I personally think that the likeness is rather scary. It's a kind of simulation to see how we get on when left to our own devices. The first thing I did was get to work on my term paper, but then I missed my class and started spending all day in bed. Not quite right, but perhaps a sign of things to come? Should they stay tasteful, I shall keep you all updated on my twin's virtual goings on.

Amsterdam was a good laugh. We didn't get to see that much, but it seems like quite a nice city from what we did see, if a little bit touristy. We firstly had a tour around the old city by a very enthusiastic volunteer guide for a few hours, before making our way to the Van Gogh museum. I never knew how incorrectly I was pronouncing the 'Gogh' before. Think 'Hooch' and you're halfway there. Not really my style, but it was good to see some of the famous paintings, including the one that perplexed so many as the infamous Selwyn library revision-busting jigsaw. The trains really put ours to shame, and it was only ‚€7 for the return trip. British Rail take note. Unfortunately we didn't get to take a canal boat cruise, so that's a reason for a return trip at some point. Highlight of the trip had to be being presented with a party blower by two girls dressed as fairies. It provided mucho entertainment throughout the day and beyond, as is perhaps illustrated by this rather unflattering photo (can I ever look good in a photo?):


Unfortunately, I've now blown mine to an early death, so that's that avenue of fun gone. In other random news, I officially know 80% of all there is to know about Emma and Laura, which isn't bad going for only knowing them for two weeks.

No comments: