17/08/2006

A Correction

I've been asked in the most solemn terms to address something. According to a colleague in the Chicago office, the British are suffering under a dangerous illusion... regarding the origins of Banoffee Pie. I must confess to thinking that it was American, but apparently I was sorely mistaken. It's British through-and-through, and doesn't have a trace of Americanism within its numerous layers of banana and toffee goodness. I have my doubts as to this, but I've been asked to spread the word to all of England to correct this terrible misunderstanding, so what better way than through this blog?

I was similarly told in the same evening that the English also invented Imperialism first - that I couldn't deny, but I had to point out that we got over it about 50 years ago.

1 comment:

Cecily said...

Hi Jack Hadn't found your blog till now! Great to hear your news, and thanks SOOO much for your postcard, it's cheering up my very empty white walls ;-) Can't wait to hear about Utrecht... Cecily x